Today I will be taking apart a Dell Inspiron 11 3147 2-in-1 laptop (model P20T). This guide also works for Dell Inspiron 11 3148 and likely some other models in the Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series computer line.
During the disassembly process I found the following Dell Inspiron 11 3147 3148 design highlight worth mentioning upfront:
– The laptop has only one memory slots available for RAM upgrade.
– There is no memory soldered to the motherboard.
– The cooling fan is a part of the heatsink assembly.
– The DC power jack is replaceable but the harness is routed under the motherboard.
– The keyboard is permanently attached to the top case.