Today I explain how to disassemble a Lenovo Ideapad 320 laptop. In this particular guide I’m taking apart an Ideapad 320-15IAP (type 80XR) – the low end model but it will be very similar for all the following 15″ and 14″ models:
Ideapad 320-15IAP/Ideapad 320-15AST/
Ideapad 320-15ABR/Ideapad 320-15ABR Touch
Ideapad 320-14IAP/Ideapad 320-14AST/
I will link to the service manual pdf at the end of this guide.
In this guide I’ll be taking apart a Dell Inspiron 15 5593 (Reg model P90F) laptop. At the time of writing this disassembly guide (December 2019), 5593 is one of the latest Insprion 15 5000 series models with a 10th Gen Intel processor.Continued
This guide will help you to disassemble a Dell Latitude E7470 (regulatory model P61G) laptop. I’m taking apart the base assembly in order to access and replace the keyboard.
Some of the design features of Dell Latitude E7470:
– There are two memory slots on the motherboard.
– The keyboard is not permanently attached to the top case and it’s replaceable.
– SSD and RAM slots are easily accessible for upgrades.
In this guide I present to you a complete disassembly of a Lenovo Ideapad 510-15IKB laptop (model 80SV). Also this guide will work for a Lenovo Ideapad 510-15ISK (model 80SR).
In the first part of the guide I take apart the laptop base. In the second part I will show how to remove the LCD screen. For your convenience, at the end of this guide I include a link to the official Lenovo service manual.Continued
Today I’m replacing a failed screen on a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5-1470 2-in-1 laptop (models 81C9, 80XA). Also, this guide works for a Lenovo ideapad Flex 5-1570 (models 80XB, 81CA) which is almost identical, just has a bigger screen. It is not easy to open up the display panel on this model. If you are a new to laptop disassembly, probably you should seek professional help.
This laptop was dropped and the screen backlight stopped working. I hope replacing the screen will fix this issue. I don’t have another screen for testing so I’m just guessing.Continued
In this guide I disassemble a Dell Inspiron 15 7569 or 7579 2-in-1 (model P58F) laptop. These two models are identical. It’s likely this disassembly guide will fit some other Inspiron 15 7000 2-in1 series computers.
Here are some of the Dell Inspiron 15 7569 7579 design features that make this model easily serviceable:
– The cooling fan can be removed and replaced without heatsink removal.
– The motherboard has two memory slots.
– The DC power jack is not soldered to the motherboard and can be easily replaced if necessary.
– The keyboard is not permanently attached to the top case and can be replaced separately.
In this disassembly guide I take apart an HP Pavilion x360 14m-dh1003dx laptop. It’s very likely this guide will work for some other models in the HP Pavilion x360 14m computer line: 14m-dh0001dx, 14m-dh0003dx, 14m-dh1001dx and some others.
At the time of writing this article (November 27, 2019), this is the latest version of HP Pavilion x360 m series. It’s equipped with a 10th generation Intel Core i5 Quad-Core processor.Continued
In this guide I show how to disassemble a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Generation laptop (type 20KH-CTO1WW). This guide will work for all machine types: 20KH and 20KG.
At the end of this guide I will add a link to the official Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon machine types 20KH and 20KG hardware maintenance manual.Continued
In this guide I explain how to disassemble an Asus Q405U (model Q405UA-BI5T5) laptop. You can use this guide for replacing the battery, upgrading the hard drive, adding more memory or any other repair that requires laptop disassembly.Continued
In this guide I show how to disassemble an Asus ROG GL551J (series GL551JW-DS74) laptop.
The main design features of this model:
– Both RAM modules and 2.5″ hard drive can be easily accessed under the service cover.
– The laptop has a 128GB mSATA SSD which can be removed and upgraded with a larger mSATA SSD.
– The RTC battery is located on the bottom side of the motherboard and cannot be easily removed.
– In order to replace the cooling fan it’s necessary to remove the motherboard.