Do you have an Averatec 3200 laptop? Do you want to know how to take it apart? Check out these photos with instructions. The author of the guide disassembled his laptop in order to repair the power jack.
The following laptop components you can access and remove from the bottom:
1. DVD drive. Simply remove screws securing the DVD drive and pull the drive from the laptop.
2. Memory. This laptop has only one memory slot and it comes with 512MB PC2700 module installed. The laptop specification says that you can install maximum 512MB into this laptop but according to memoryx.net:
Averatec shipping this laptop with the specification of 512MB max, however numerous users have reported success with installing a 1GB module in the machine.
3. Cooling module. Both the heatsink and cooling fan can be accessed and removed through the bottom cover.
4. CPU is located right under the cooling module.
The following laptop components are located inside the case:
1. Wireless card is located under the palm rest, in the lower left corner.
2. Hard drive also could be found under the palm rest. This laptop comes with a 60GB 4200RPM IDE hard drive but you can replace it with a larger and faster one.
3. The RTC (CMOS) battery also located under the palm rest, on the right side from the wireless card.
Need spare parts for your Averatec 3200 laptop? Search here.